See below for our most recent seminar. The next seminar will be on Thursday, September 14 with Dr. Fred Andrus of the University of Alabama discussing Developing new sclerochronological proxies of ancient growth and climate: Geochemistry of coralline algae, sub-arctic clams, and ice-age oysters . All talks, except for those noted, will be held at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab in the Shelby Auditorium. Refreshments will be provided.
- Thursday, September 7 -- Dr. Syed Khalil, Coastal Protection & Restoration Authority, LA (Host: Just Cebrian), LA Sediment Management Plan
- April 10 - Dr. Benoit Lebreton, Université de La Rochelle, France, 'Benthic Algae Count! Evidence that Benthic Algae Play an Important Role in Coastal Food Webs' (Host: Just Cebrian)
- March 23 - Dr. Iris Anderson, Virginia Institute of Marine Science (Host: Behzad Mortazavi)
- March 2 - Dr. Allison Penko, Naval Research Lab, Stennis Space Center (Host: Kelly Dorgan) **This seminar was not streamed**
- February 16 - Dr. Reide Corbett, East Carolina University, Studying Sediment and Water Dynamics from North Carolina to the Western Antarctic (Host: Behzad Mortazavi)
- February 2 - Dr. Stephanie Smallegan, University of South Alabama (Host: Ruth Carmichael)
- January 19 - Dr. Natasha Dimova, University of Alabama (Host: Behzad Mortazavi)
- November 10 - Dr. Paige Ferguson, University of Alabama, "Applying Quantitative Ecology to Natural Resource Conservation"
- October 27 - Dr. Megan La Peyre, Louisiana State University, "Where's the Reef? The Challenge of Restoration in a Variable Environment"
- September 27 – Dr. Joseph Warren, Stony Brook University, 'Bioacoustical Ecology: Using Sound to Study Ecosystem Processes from the Mesopelagic Gulf of Mexico to the Coral Reefs of Jamaica.'
- September 8 -- Dr. Matthew Bracken, UC Irvine, Marine Ecological Stoichiometry- Elemental Ratios Link Marine Communities and Ecosystems (not recorded due to technical difficulties)
- August 26 -- Dr. Matthew Waters, Auburn University, Stories of phosphorus, phytoplankton and flows: Connecting inland waters and coastal environments using sediment records from the Southeast U.S.
- June 10 -- Dr. Alison Dreary, GCRL, Ecomorphological Patterns in Early Life History Stage Fishes
- May 12 -- Dr. Stefanie Fishel, University of Alabama, 'Can Bacteria be Political?: Conversations between the Natural and Social Sciences'
- April 15 – Dr. Eric Sparks, MSU - A Path to an Extension Career
- April 7 -- Dr. Don Blancher, Moffatt & Nichol - 'AQUATOX Release 3.1 Nearshore Marine Environment: Model Modifications and Application to Natural Resource Damage Issues in Mississippi and Alabama for the Deepwater Horizon Incident'
- March 30 -- Dr. Jorge Brenner, TNC - Gulf of Mexico Biodiversity and Migrations
- March 29 -- Dr. Lisa Levin, Wiese Speaker, Scripps Institution -Oxygen and the Ecology of Upwelling Margins in a Changing Ocean
- March 29 – Workshop Seminar – Dr. Lisa Levin, Wiese Speaker, Scripps (not recorded)
- March 23 – Ms. Alice Kleinhuasen, DISL -Controls of Denitrification in Salt Marshes in the Northern Gulf of Mexico
- March 3 – Dr. David Yoskowitz, Harte Institute - Ecosystem Services
- February 25 – Dr. Richard Zimmerman, Old Dominion University - Impact of Climate Warming and Ocean Carbonation on Eelgrass (Zostera marina L.)
- January 22 - Joel Fodrie, UNC, Chapel Hill - Landscape Effects on the Fisheries Ecology and Ecosystem-service Delivery of a Temperate Estuary.
- February 5 - Dr. Lee Smee, Texas A&M Univ. Corpus Christi - The World is my Oyster: Predator-Prey Interactions, Chemical Cues, and Genetic Diversity on Oyster Reef'
- February 26 - Dr. Jeff Morris, UAB
- March 5 - Dr. Christopher Anderson, AU
- March 12 - Dr. Patty Sobecky, UA
- March 16 - Dr. Richard B. Anderson, FIT
- April 2 - Dr. Chuck Amsler, UAB
- May 21 – Dr. Bill Dennison, UMCES
- November 6 - Dr. Eric Peatman, Auburn University – “Fitting Mobile-Tensaw Delta Bass into the Black Bass Puzzle: New Molecular Tools and New Insights”
- November 21 - Dr. Mark Butler, Old Dominion University – “Lobster Tales: Homelessness, Pestilence & Alien Encounters"
- December 4 - Dr. Ari Daniel, Independent Science Reporter & Producer - "Carving Story out of Science"